In terms of dependencies and size, Gaston is probably minimal; it depends
on gnuplot only, which is a small binary and readily distributed on Linux,
OS X and windows. It offers basic features only (but has 3-D plotting), but
this may be an advantage for a default package. It is also well documented
(at least, I like to think so :)

-- mb