It returns: -Wl,-rpath,/home/kostav/julia/usr/lib -ljulia

Ok next test, what happens when you paste that into the almost working
step above (the one the works except for when you run it, it can't find
libjulia?
make sure that -ljulia and -lLLVM3.7svn come after the -Wl,rpath directives

Related, what's in the directory /home/kostav/julia/usr/lib

> *>**Did you do a make install of Julia itself and are running out of that*
> *>installed directory or are you running out of where it compiled or
> possibly*
> *>simply copied the directories? That script assumes the former and I
> think*
>
> *>maybe you're doing the latter.*
> I downloaded the source code in folder (home/julia) and run inside this
> file make
> and make install of Julia inside.

This should result in a directory with a hex-number associated, didn't it?

> *>**/home/kostav/julia/bin/julia  /home/kostav/julia/contrib/*julia-config.jl
>  --ldlibs
>
> I actually don't have any bin folder inside my julia folder, so I can't do
> any of
> the suggested modifications.
> What could I do different in this case?

Where is it?  Use that instead.