While I understand your point, the success of a new programming language
depends on the availability of a good IDE. Apart from the projects,
mentioned so far I also want to mention spyder. Integrating Julia support
would be easy and it would make the transition for Python users easier.
Not everyone, who needs some programming in for example in science wants to
become a "hardcore hacker".

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder