On 14 September 2015 at 08:16, Uwe Fechner <uwe.fechner....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> While I understand your point, the success of a new programming language
> depends on the availability of a good IDE.

No it doesn't.

C, C++, Perl, Python, Fortran, JavaScript, PHP, and arguably even Java
became successful long before they acquired an IDE. I think that there are
more languages that became successful without an IDE than with one, so
let's not overstate the issue. An IDE is *good* to have because *some*
people want them. Good documentation is more important. Having the right
features and being at the right place at the right time is even more
important.

> Apart from the projects, mentioned so far I also want to mention spyder.
> Integrating Julia support would be easy and it would make the transition
> for Python users easier.
> Not everyone, who needs some programming in for example in science wants
> to become a "hardcore hacker".
>
> https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder

Sure, why not. But it might be a bit odd to depend on Python to start work
on Julia.

Cheers,
Daniel.