Crap... It looks like I accidentally hit "send" before my email was
finished. Anyway, here it goes again:

Last night I started experimenting with Gtk, and started making a sketch of
what a Julia IDE might look like. In the process I am writing down a list
of things that are probably needed before a Julia IDE can be completed.
This is what I have so far:

1) A Julia package for the GNOME Docking Library

Despite the name, it does not depend on any GNOME libraries, only Gtk. This
is what Anjuta and MonoDevelop use to get docking windows. I think most
people expect to be able to move things around in an IDE.

https://developer.gnome.org/gdl/

2) A Julia package for WebKitGtk

http://webkitgtk.org/

This would be useful to make a documentation browser.

3) Get GtkSourceView working on Windows, or get a Julia package for
Scintilla.

Obviously needed to get a good text editor.

While we wait for these things to develop, one can move forward with a
sketch using GtkBox instead of GDL, and GtkNotebook instead of
GtkSourceView.

Cheers,
Daniel.