Sorry, kind of of-topic for the thread, mostly about Cxx.jl/C++:

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 8:05:07 AM UTC, Uwe Fechner wrote:

> I like QT a lot. There is more then one open source, QT based IDE out
> there, e.g. QT Creator.
> QT has a GUI builder, that is much better then the GUI builders for GTK
> (in my opinion).
> And you can use the java-script like QML language for building the user
> interface, if you want to.
>
> Tutorial for PyQT:
> https://pythonspot.com/qml-and-pyqt-creating-a-gui-tutorial/
>
> As soon as the Julia/C++ integration is available by default (hopefully in
> Julia 0.5), QT integration
> should be easy.

What do you mean by default? That is, I thought Keno's Cxx.jl "just
works".. (and requires 0.4). Do you mean that it will be somehow integrated
into Base? Or that something is needed in Julia so that Cxx.jl works even
better? I'm just curious if there is a "problem with it.. If there is would
it somehow be specific to QT [Creator]/QML (I can't really see how, but do
not really know QT Creator..).

What kind of specific problems can/do you run into with QT (or otherwise..)?

> For those, that want to play with Julia and QT now already, have a look at:
>
> https://github.com/jverzani/PySide.jl
>
> (very experimental)

[Here QT is "outsourced" to Python so that, only PyCall.jl has to work, and
Cxx.jl is not needed if I recall.]