I work with mathematical models of cognition and switched to Julia from
Matlab about a year and a half ago. Aside from the debugger (step,step in,
etc.), I don't miss Matlab all. Once the statistical packages mature, I'll
phase out R too. I think the language is shaping up quite well and the
community has been very helpful for technical support. I'll be sure to cite
Julia in future papers.