On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 3:12:36 AM UTC-5, Tomas Lycken wrote:

> Also, the naming discussion here is not *only* on naming; it's also on
> the possibility of including *more things *in the package. I would be all
> for having a package like Palettes.jl, which would include both
> NoveltyColors.jl and other palettes, but that's not in conflict with the
> current package - it's an extension, that might happen tomorrow, in a year,
> or never at all, depending on whether someone actually finds it useful
> enough to implement it.

People are free to extend my package as much as they like, or create a
wrapper package that aggregates all these different packages. Not sure why
that needs a waiting period for my package.

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 1:22:21 PM UTC-5, cormu...@mac.com wrote:

> I'm using [ColorSchemes.jl](https://github.com/cormullion/ColorSchemes.jl)
> for my own purposes, but I'm happy to rename it if someone else wants the
> name.

Is this on METADATA? I thought I had checked, but maybe I had missed. If
so, then it makes my package a bit redundant, as I could've submitted a PR
to your package.

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 1:39:09 PM UTC-5, Stefan Karpinski wrote:

> I'm still pretty unclear on what makes a color scheme a novelty.

I don't know, it seemed like having a plot based on the colors from the
Grand Budapest Hotel or an outfit Beyonce wore would be a novelty, as
opposed to something like ColorBrewer which explicitly tries to provide
schemes that improve cartography. Since Tim has a majority of the commits
on Color.jl and he thought it was an idea that stood on its own (per my
reading into his approval comment above), I went with it. I really didn't
think it would be this contentious.