On Friday, 22 April 2016 01:32:51 UTC+2, Sheehan Olver wrote:

> There is also a problem with including a postdoc with the expectation of
> her/him carrying out basic software tasks: time spent on software
> development is not really a help getting an academic job.

That's exactly how I feel right now. I am extremely grateful to the Julia
community, and I'd like to give something back, but I am trying to get a
postdoc and until I'm out of the postdoc phase of my career, I feel I
cannot justify any activity that is not going to lead directly to a paper.
:-(

Cheers,
Daniel.