I’m please to announce the initial release of Documenter.jl
<https://github.com/JuliaDocs/Documenter.jl> — a documentation generator
for Julia.

The package docs are here <https://juliadocs.github.io/Documenter.jl/stable>
.

The package is still a work-in-progress, but now has sufficient features to
make a stable release worth while. Major breaking changes should hopefully
be few and far between from now on.

If you have already been making use of the package, which quite a few of
the community have been, then I’d would like to extend my thanks to you for
helping file bug reports, feature requests, and pull requests.

Please do upgrade your .travis.yml configuration to reflect the fact that
Documenter is now tagged and available from METADATA. All that should be
needed is to replace either

Pkg.clone("https://github.com/MichaelHatherly/Documenter.jl";)

or, more recently,

Pkg.clone("https://github.com/JuliaDocs/Documenter.jl";)

with

Pkg.add("Documenter")

and your build scripts should work fine. Any problems you happen to run
into should, as always, be reported on the GitHub issue tracker
<https://github.com/JuliaDocs/Documenter.jl/issues>. master will be more
unstable from this point on.

If you do have a publicly available package that is making use of
Documenter, then please do add a link to the Examples
<https://juliadocs.github.io/Documenter.jl/stable/man/examples/> page if
you’d like.

Finally: I’d like to thank one of our Google Summer of Code students,
Morten Piibeleht, who is developing some great new features for the package
over the summer.

— Mike