I don’t want to be rude

No worries, I’m not taking your criticism at rudeness.

It has two lines on installation, one line on project status, and two
sentences on “contributing and questions”.

You’ve missed out the section called “Documentation” there. Perhaps you’re
viewing a cached version of the README that isn’t showing it for some
reason.
Not sure why that would be, but there definitely is a section between
“Installation” and “Project Status” linking directly to the docs. Could you
post a screenshot of what the README look like to you?

the README file of a documentation package should have at least as much
documentation as the README files of other non-documentation Julia packages

Adding additional duplicated documentation to the README when there is
already
a substantial amount of documentation elsewhere isn’t really worth doing in
my
view — especially when the complete docs are a single click away. Note that
there is an open issue
<https://github.com/JuliaDocs/Documenter.jl/issues/12> for automatically
generating the README
from files in docs/src, which would go some way to resolve the duplication
problem.

you should state what markup language you are using.

That is mentioned directly above the feature list in the summary line:

A package for building documentation from docstrings and markdown files.

so I didn’t feel the need to duplicate that again in the feature list.

Maybe add some examples showing the use of Markdown.

There’s already a number of examples that illustrate the syntax in the
“Guide”
page and “Syntax” page.

PRs to improve the docs are most welcome since it’s always difficult to read
the docs from the point-of-view of a new user. Thanks for taking the time to
have a look at the package Daniel.

— Mike