My view is that the README was perfectly fine. What do people think that
the image that says [docs - stable] is there for if not for clicking and
being taking to the docs..? They also share the same form as all the other
badges which are clickable to go to the coverage, testing status etc.

I have used Documenter in a few of my packages and it was really simple to
set up the whole thing since the documentation explains everything so
clearly. There are also multiple other packages that uses Documenter that
are linked from the documentation so you can just go and look how they did
stuff if there are still questions. Also, this package is for users who are
developing packages so assuming a decent amount of knowledge of general
Julia stuff is in my view fair game.

Just wanted to add my feedback so that multiple inputs are heard.