>Larry, Michael: Did somebody change the zoombar behaviour - so that it
>starts zoom on release and not in between, when the bar is still moved?
>
>This would be necessary if we take over the rendering improvements from
>skyjump - otherwise it may stop the system for some minutes because it
>re-renders every bar step trigger.

Hi,
I tested the zoombar on my windows desktop, and get no problem with or
without Larry's improvements.
I tested it with a 190 000 objects  layer
While moving the cursor, I get gray outlines of my objects scaling very
fast, and when I release the mouse, it starts rendering with exact
appearance. I think this is the normal behaviour.
If you tell me the conditions under which you observed long delays
before the final display, I'll investigate further.
Changes are now commited and can be tested

regards,

Michael