Peppe,

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I am
finally making some time to work on the OpenJUMP documentation.

Peppe wrote: "the Page orientation has a landscape (1,00x8,50
inch) size. This is good for Presentation (That's not
a bad Idea!). Nevertheless we lose a lot of space on
the lateral and on the bottom/upper sizes of the page
that we could use to detail the functions or to put
images
We could enlarge the margins of the page or we can use
a standard A4 Portrait page (but we lose the
Presentation size)"

Yup. I thought about using a regular portrait layout, but discarded
it. I know the landscape layout has wide margins, but there are a
couple of reasons for this.

[1] It allows a place for the user to scribble notes or sketches if
they so choose. I was taught that technical documentation should
always feature wide margins for this purpose.

[2] A common mistake to make in desktop publishing and/or graphics art
is not enough white space. I was trying to avoid something that was
too cluttered.

Peppe wrote: "In  Title_page.sla document you place enphasis on
the explanation. This, I think,  could give some
confusion, expecially for Non-English readers, like
me. I always image for a help something like "less text
more image". A sort of  "topographic map" of OpenJUMP
for the users (see as samples the files I wrote in
Openwriter). I send you a modification of the Title_page.sla file,
as I image (sorry for my English)"

I think you are trying to say that the Title page should be blank, or
feature an image instead of text. This is a good suggestion. I will
consider making this change.

Peppe wrote: "There are so many functions in OpenJump that it is
not possible to describe each of them in sepatate
pages. We are obliged, anyhow,  to simplify the
description of the most common functions (like "Save
Project","Undo", "redo", etc..) and to put groups them
in one page in order to save space."

I think you an I are working on a common goal but with slightly
different approaches. The common goal is some better user
documentation for OpenJUMP. Your approach is a list of descriptions
for each menu command in OpenJUMP, organized by menu. This is a great
idea.

I'm working on more of a topical help system for OpenJUMP. Perhaps
there is room for both types of documents. Why don't we consider
producing you list of help documentation for menu commands in a
portrait document, more like a typical word processing document. We
could use this as a type of "cheat sheet" or "quick help". We can use
the documentation I am working on for more detailed help about a
process or topic.

I'm trying to put together some fairly "fancy" documentation. My goal
is to help give OpenJUMP a more professional look. I know that Scribus
isn't for every one. I'm happy to review and edit your work in a word
processor document, and to keep it in that format.

Are you using Microsoft Word or OpenOffice? I had started on a simple
template for OpenJUMP documentation in OpenOffice that I can provide
you.

The Sunburned Surveyor