Lary wrote: "Explode Layer would include the existing "Edit->Extract
Layers by Geometry Type" functionality, and add the capability to
explode a layer by attribute value.  That is, it would create a new
layer for each unique value of a given attribute."

This sounds pretty cool. You might want to pop up a warning if the
user chooses an attribute that has a bunch of different values. I can
see a user running the plug-in and inadvertently creating 3000 layers.
:]

You wrote: "Combine Selected Layers would allow you to combine
LineString, Point, and Polygon shapefile layers into a single layer to
save as GML or other multi-geometry tolerant format.  Attributes
would, of course, be preserved.  Preservation of BasicStyle
information is also possible with a kind of auto-theming."

How would you handle layers with different feature schemas?

Can you explain more about how auto-theming would work?

I'm just curious. Your idea sounds very useful.

Landon