Hi Luca,

Thanks for your ideas to improve OJ.

A great fix of this behavior could be:
> when you add a new vertex  the Z will become the linear interpolation
> of the previous and next vertex of polygon or line:

It sounds simple enough to modify the "Add Vertex" tool to do this.

and when you move this vertex it takes the Z of the destination vertex ...

I'm not quite sure about this one.  Can you give an example?

By the way: is normal that if run OJ from Eclipse (source from svn) the
> tools menu is in another place and trunked of a lot of items?

This is definitely not normal.  Check your workbench-properties.xml file.
It should normally be empty.  It sounds like you may be getting multiple
definitions of the menu options.  We need more information to know for sure.

regards,
Larry Becker

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM, luca marletta <lucama...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Follow Stefan  guide lines, if I got well, I post a request or
> suggestion for a 3D enhancement on existing functions.
>
> Problem:
> working with 3d geometry you often have to add a new vertex and move
> it on an adjacent polygon vertex.
> Now when you add a new vertex the Z is undefined and even when you
> move this new vertex on  an adjacent polygon vertex this is not able
> to change his undefined Z and get the adjacent polygon vertex Z.
>
> A great fix of this behavior could be:
> when you add a new vertex  the Z will become the linear interpolation
> of the previous and next vertex of polygon or line:
>
> a simple mean of Z weighted on 1/distance.
>
> and when you move this vertex it takes the Z of the destination vertex
> even if this is a behavior in my opinion convenient but someone could
> have different idea.
>
> I think is quite simple for the maintainer of these class and for
> working in 3D is a simple but great enhancement.
>

> By the way: is normal that if run OJ from Eclipse (source from svn)
> the tools menu is in another place and trunked of a lot of items?
>

> thanks a lot
>
> luca
>
> luca marletta
> www.beopen.it