I agree that calls to System.out are not the best thing. Did we decide
that log4J is the best way to handle error messages?

Here are a couple of questions:

(1) Are the calls to System.out in plug-ins or the core?
(2) Does the information sent to System.out need to be reported to the
user, and if not, what is the purpose of the logging?

The Sunburned Surveyor