Ah, great, thanx Stefan.  I'll add the requests there so others can
comment/poke holes/massage/scrap the ideas.

Yeah, OJ is by far my preferred desktop GIS client.  The fact that OJ is
so tightly coupled with JTS (which is the backbone of PostGIS through
GEOS) makes it great to work with.

Cheers,
Kevin