Hi Kevin,
> Yes, I'm in process of implementing some datastore plugins that will
> permit the dynamic reading and writing to a database.  I wrote a quick
> hacky plugin many years ago that does this for PostGIS.  I want to
> release this to the community because it seems quite useful, but I'm
> first tackling a complete code rewrite with a nice UI.  I'm currently
> using a Primary or Unique key to synchronize a database table and OJ's
> FeatureCollection.  If a feature gets modified, I use the key to update
> the appropriate record in the database.  Obviously, mayhem ensues if a
> user were to modify a feature and it's primary key attribute ... they'd
> be modifying the wrong record in the database.
I see more clearly your intention now. Great addition ! And thanks to
plan to release this work to the community.
> I'm not sure I understand your last comment, can you please elaborate?
> If the readonly attribute is not cloned, then a deep copy of a
> FeatureSchema object wouldn't have the same constraints as the original, no?
Not sure it makes sense. My first thought was that readonly attribute
was readonly in the context of a datastore (identifier or key), but may
loose this property in the context of a new local layer created by
cloning the schema. But this is probably not a big issue. I now think
readOnly property can be cloned as any other. There is probably no major
drawback.

Michaël