Hi,

Is the insert fired automatically when a new feature is ready? Just
wondering what happens if saving is manual and user has been panning
around so that the new feature is outside the current viewport. What
about if new feature is originally created outside the current bounding
box by inserting WKT into the "Add new features" box or by copying
selected features from other layers?
In theory if one feature at a time is inserted it could save whole lot
of computing to query just IDs from the bounding box and not at all the
geometries. The ID that does not exist on the OpenJUMP side must be the
one that was given for the new feature by the database. But I fear it is
not reliable because who knows if all the old features from that
bounding box were
originally on the OpenJUMP layer.
When doing inserts through WFS the service is sending back the result
(success or not) and the fid of the newly inserted feature but I do not
suppose that PostGIS database has any native mechanism for doing this.

-Jukka Rahkonen-