On 15.05.2012 00:47, Stefan Steiniger wrote:
> Hi Ede, Michael, Matthias
>
> following also Michaels comment in the other email:
> My suggestion would be a proper (english) error message (= what you call
> a note). No stack-trace or so. Just a simple one-liner (plus weblink?)
> (using try/catch/...?)

could be done. it should be translated then as well of course.

> Is that possible? Though - I see you did already an RC3. So at least we
> could change it for 1.5.3.

absolutely. i don't see a need to hurry with this, as it does not affect
desktop users currently and webstart users see it for a good reason.

> Btw: didn't thought about the licence note. And it seems to me even more
> important if it is webstart. Or is licence anywhere else noted in webstart?

probably not. but again it's not only the one OJ license but also about the
other ones not to mention all the contributors which definitely earned their
place in the readme file.

in conclusion: as stated Matthias should find a way to ship at least the
readme.txt, better yet all license files as well, maybe we can even only
provide a note in readme that these license files are available in the
distribution zip file.

..ede