Hi ede
> On 23.04.2012 21:16, Matthias Scholz wrote:
>
>> Hi ede,

>>> actually not finding the readme.txt right now is an error, except when
>>> developing. that's why i left the stack there.
>>>

>> That's right, it's an error. But to display this directly in the GUI is
>> not the best way. This should be the task of the logging framework or
>> the error dialog window.
>>

> having the user to acknowledge the error is a useless exercise as he's merely
> meant to notice it, not to be disturbed in his workflow. using the log
> framework would probably lead to the error not being noticed by anyone.

With "logging framework" i don't mean only the classic ones, such as
log4j. I also meant the error dialog, which seems to be the better
option than a raw stacktrace. (My subjective opinion)
Can you life with the current code, that nothing is displayed if no
readme.txt is found? At least until i found a solution for the webstart.

Matthias

> ..ede

  Technologieconsulting
  Matthias Scholz