Da: "edgar.sol...@web.de" <edgar.sol...@web.de>
A: OpenJump develop and use <jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Inviato: Lunedì 9 Luglio 2012 14:48
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] editing toolbox

On 09.07.2012 13:52, Giuseppe Aruta wrote:
> Decoration -  it looks like the North Arrow or Zoom Bar: something drawn on
> the workbench. A border all around the bar will make the difference. This is
> a point of view, Ede, nothing connected to the functionality of the new bar,
> which I like. BTW I think we can study something similar for Sextante, too.

there is a one point wide black border around it to visually differentiate it
from other grey ui components which might lay behind it.

> And, yes! It seems strange to use double click to close a window. But only
> one click will be probably more confusing. For my personal point of view I
> would like only to have toolbar/menu bar options to open/close editing
> toolbox (no double click). Or a close button on the title bar - but we
> eliminate this option, I think.

could you point out the harm of the doubleclick to hide option? i see that
people might not intuitively use it, but in the worst case they simply don't
use it.

> Shitstorm  probably  won't come, as you wrote. So we all "OJ survayors"should
> take decision about it.
> BTW as far as I remember (I might be wrong) SAIG Kosmo toolbar has no empty
> border on the right side. It could be an other option to investigate to solve
> this problem (a raw of 5 or 6 tools instead of 4, for instance - I did it
> with the experimental OJ clone Jufre:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensit/files/Openjump/Openjump%20Jufre/)

widening the buttons panel would actually solve the initial issue, yes.

> Editing toolbox itself needs  probably  a restyling as it uses different
> methods to setup tools. As I experimented on OJ Jufre, using only original
> Jump method makes toolbar faster on opening (again, this is my personal point
> of view, Ede)

you mean the addition of the buttons below, you can see it when it is created
for the first time? yes, agreed, but i don't consider this urgent or
interesting right now. just wanted to save space and remove the ugly righthand
gap.

no worries, you are entitled to suggestion and oppinions and i will continue to
value them.

..ede