> we definitely have several file loading dialogs which should be sorted
> somehow or better yet consolidated into one menu entry though.

+1 for consolidation.

A save dialog could both save projects and layers. One could select which
layers to save and wether the project should also be saved.

----

There is also another approach for the menu entries I use for my scripts. I
totally forgot about that.

It parses the XML with the groovy.XMLSlurper into an internal graph
structure, and finally transfers the nodes from the graph into several
JMenuItems, JMenus in the JMenuBar.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<scripts basePath=".">
    <script path="python/main/undo.py">