Hi,
> This tram line map is made with SkyJUMP
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/raitiovaunulinjat.pdf
Nice map !

> It makes nice maps with selectable layers. It is easy to use and I have
> SkyJUMP on my computer mainly because of PDF export. Compared with GDAL, the
> result is not geospatial and attributes are missing but GDAL gives mainly the
> tools for making a feature rich printing utility. It is much too difficult
> for normal end users to do the job from the command line.
OK, understand. By geospatial / not geospatial, do you mean that GDAL
keeps referencing information and ability to get terrain coordinates
from the document ?
Keeping attributes. Wonder if the problem is similar to keeping text as
text in sgv export. Would need some investigation in the code to compare
both.

Thanks for your input.

Michaël

>>> http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_G