not necessarily.. what you describe was mentioned in a source code comment of
OJ, that clicks can become micro drags depending on the hardware...

we still have the option to go back and use Shift for the PanTool. that way we
would get the zoom to fence back but loose the only free modifier key.. i could
live with that. wanna try?

..ede