Tests with OJ OpenJUMP-20121228-r3190 under Ubuntu 12.04, OpenJDK 1.6

A) Ctrl+N (new project)
I opened OJ and than used shortcuts to create new projects (which opens
with no problem).
Than close all except one. Than I opened editingtoolbox, Oj gives this
error message and freezes

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.cursortool.AbstractCursorTool.workbench(AbstractCursorTool.java:459)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.cursortool.AbstractCursorTool.getWorkbench(AbstractCursorTool.java:455)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.cursortool.AbstractCursorTool$1.cursorPositionChanged(AbstractCursorTool.java:112)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.LayerViewPanel.fireCursorPositionChanged(LayerViewPanel.java:655)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.LayerViewPanel.access$100(LayerViewPanel.java:111)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.LayerViewPanel$2.mouseLocationChanged(LayerViewPanel.java:212)
    at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.LayerViewPanel$2.mouseMoved(LayerViewPanel.java:206)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(AWTEventMulticaster.java:329)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(AWTEventMulticaster.java:329)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Component.java:6434)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(JComponent.java:3286)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4750)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2103)
    at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4633)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4310)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4227)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2089)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:672)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:96)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:631)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:629)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:105)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:645)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:643)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:105)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)*

B) Ctrl+L  (create new layer), CTRL+I (feature info) than CTRL+Q ( close OJ)
Opened OJ, create several layer with CTRL+L, used CTRL+I to  see feature
info than close project with CTRL+Q.
Seem to work fine

C) CTRL+SHIFT+S (save projects as) and CTRL+O (open wizard)
seem to work fine

ALT+drag and ALT+ (+/-) don't work
I realize that  when I push ALT, Ubuntu opens Launcher and shows shortcuts.
The map of keyboard shortcuts in Ubuntu is very large, involving always
ALT+keyboard or a combination od CTRL+ALT+keyboard or few CTRL+Super+mouse
I added to this mail a screenshot (found on web) of all shortcuts available
on Ubuntu.
My suggestion is to use only CTRL even for navigation shortcuts, I am not
sure if possible (CTRL+(+/-) for zoom in/out and CTRL+drag for panning).
Or reactivate original CTRL-ALT+drag: it is better to save ald difects than
introduce new one.

Note from OJ 3180 to 3181. After 3181 my measureplugin is not working
anymore with OJ. As I discover the problem comes from a class
(Mod_MultiClickTool) I used on MeasurePlugin which derives from original
MultiClickTool, modifies from OJ version 3180 to 3181. I will study what
was modified and try to implememt a new measurePlugin.
Or try to port all my modification (basically a better version of
coordinatelistmetrics) for future Oj snapshots.

Peppe

*