Hi Eric,
Yes i always uses OpenJump. And I tried to do accept as GIS tools by my society (a big europeen insurance society).
Nice ! Would be interesting to know more about your use case.

If I resume the situation: handle identifier( sequence) by integers is not sure ( I don't understand why, but I trust you )

Just say that casting a database bigint (64 bits) to a java int (32 bit) may change the value. Database id can be more than 2^32, and truncating the value is unsafe, especially for an identifier.

but for others values is preferable because requests are less long to write.

For count() it is less unsafe because there is only small chance that a user query a table with more than 2^32 rows. But in the general case, if a user store bigint values in its database, I would consider unsafe to cast it to an integer.

PostgreSQL jdbc implementation can't retrive key or primary key information about table?

Yes it can. You're right.

Handle sequence with object and other bigint with integer.

Right, it would be possible to have different behaviours for bigint PK and for other bigint. As it is not a very simple solution, and not completely satisfying (still convert long to int),
I wonder it it wouldn't be better to add Long type to Attribute.Type.

An other subject can I help you on the new postgis driver? Do you have a road map?

Hopefully, I will have a beta and a bit of documentation before the end of the month.
Thanks for the proposition, I'll let you know.
Working on OpenJUMP datatypes (adding Boolean or Long) is a recurrent topic.
I think it is a big work because it has side effect on all I/O framework, but if you
have ideas and time to work on the topic, you're welcome.

Michaël

Kinds regards
Eric Lemesre (de mon Androïde)