Hi Michaël,

 Nice ! Would be interesting to know more about your use case.

Do statistics on spatial data of customer portfolio, sellers.
With a large interractivity. The data are in a PostgrSQL data base with the
Postgis extension. Some table ave geometry and others not. I provided the
queries joining the two types of tables for information a day.
In this case OpenJump is better than ArcGIS (with standalone database. no
SDE)
We can simply join layer with data in CSF, Excel format.

Just say that casting a database bigint (64 bits) to a java int (32 bit)
> may change the value. Database id
> can be more than 2^32, and truncating the value is unsafe, especially for
> an identifier.

You're right.

Right, it would be possible to have different behaviours for bigint PK and
> for other bigint.
> As it is not a very simple solution, and not completely satisfying (still
> convert long to int),
> I wonder it it wouldn't be better to add Long type to Attribute.Type.

I'm totaly agree with you.

What do you think of an intermediate solution in the meantime to add the
Attribute.Type BOOLEAN and LONG?
Convert the bigint PK in Object and the other bigint in integer, with throw
an exception if their values exceeds a threshold (2^32).
Or from ResultSetMetadata if fields isNullable it is not PK !!

Hopefully, I will have a beta and a bit of documentation before the end of
> the month.
> Thanks for the proposition, I'll let you know.

As you want. as soon as possible. Do you have a svn Branch? a git
repository? I work in train and offline scm is better for me.

Working on OpenJUMP datatypes (adding Boolean or Long) is a recurrent topic.
> I think it is a big work because it has side effect on all I/O framework,
> but if you have ideas and time to work on the topic, you're welcome.

I have time. and I work on Linux OS (debian) and my client work with
Windows.

Eric