Hi Ross,

It's uniform across J and SRX series from what I can tell (same code base jinstall-jsr-9.6R1.13).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security96/junos-security-admin-guide/config-selective-stateless-chap.html

- Chris.

On 2009-09-16, at 10:41 AM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 08:07:13AM -0600, Chris Kawchuk wrote:
9.6 Offers the possibility of doing mixed "flow-mode" and "packet- mode" based on protocol, filter, or interfaces; meaning you can take advantage
of the "Security" based flow/services/ALGs etc. on a J, while also
enabling regular packet-mode throughput for the majority of your traffic
(thus not running into any scaling limitations in terms of the
session/flow table).

Wow - I've been wanting something like for a while now.  Do you happen
to have a handy link to JUNOS documentation on this topic?  Is support
uniform or is this only on the J-series?  That could be a pretty
compelling reason for me to consider 9.6 for some upcoming items.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
r...@kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter. If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
        --Woody Guthrie