But if I can push through a baby giant packet without even configuring
anything, wouldn't that mean that large packets are allowed through?

> One other thing you might want to check on the EX 2500 - interface
> counters - look for L2 Channel errors or other inconsistencies which might
> indicate the EX doesn't recognize the Ethertype, etc.

I checked the various counter stats and could not find any errors on any of the
ports.  In fact, I see this:

Received valid L2 unicast packets:  18473
Received valid IPv4 unicast packets:  18473
Received valid L2 multicast packets:  123024
Received valid non-IP multicast packets:  123000
Received valid IPv4 multicast packets:  24
Received 64 byte packets:  23
Received 65-127 byte packets:  123032
Received 128-255 byte packets:  1
Received 1024-1522 byte packets:  8393
Received 1523-2047 byte packets:  10048
Received octets:  48192973
Received octets in valid non-IP packets:  15127879
Received octets in valid IPv4 packets:  33065094

As an aside, it appears that OSPF works fine if I set that up.  Not a long term
solution, though.  I do believe that you are on to something, though.
Unfortunately, I can't see anywhere to configure the EX2500 ports to accept
specific ethertypes.

Does anyone else have ISIS running _through_ an EX2500?

> Stefan Fouant

-evt