On 7/21/2010 3:47 PM, Heath Jones wrote:
> Chris - Is the current situation: that Juniper have said there is no
> workaround / configuration change that can be made to stop the
> allocation of memory for the flow forwarding information?

The current response is that this memory consumption is "by design" and
therefor not a "bug".

The fact that this makes a J series purchased with the MAX avail memory less
then 6 months
ago almost out of memory from day 1 does not seem to be getting through.

I keep hammering this point with the SE on the case and am pushing the issue as
"silly
design flaw, fix it" through my account team as well.  I hope everyone else
does the same.