On Thursday, July 22, 2010 07:00:45 pm Pavel Lunin wrote:

> The problem with EX in ISP applications is very limited
> MPLS capabilities. So if you want VPLS or L3VPN in some
> remote location, EX will not save you although it has
> way higher forwarding performance.

Yes, this, indeed, was a problem. But I'm sure Juniper also
saw that if they shipped a half-decent MPLS code base in the
1U EX-series platform, it'd be a commercial disaster for
them.

For this, I can appreciate. Problem is, the MX80 is too
large and too expensive as a true "MPLS in the Access" box.
This, in my opinion, is where I think Juniper dropped the
ball; and Cisco's new ME3600X/ME3800X is right on cue to
sweep this market.

Mark.