On 10/06/14 14:14, Chuck Anderson wrote:
Is Junos 12.3 more strict about 3rd party MSA optics than 11.4?  I've
been using 3rd party MSA optics in EX without troubles, including DOM
support working fine.  I just deployed a new EX4200 VC with 12.3R6,
and the DOM isn't working on the 3rd party MSA optics (but the link
comes up and works), but those same optics work with DOM on an MX
running 11.4.  Interesting that it says "unknown cable" whereas my
other 3rd party CWDM SFP+ optics say "10GBASE-LR" there.

We have working DOM for 3rd party 1G LR, 10G LR, and 10G DWDM ER, but no DOM for 3rd party 1G BX (bi-di) and 10G DWDM ZR.

This is on EX3300 running 12.3R6.6 and the DOM reports ok.

I wonder if it's the optic type, rather than vendor, that's in play here?