I wasn't planning to use a virtual link-local address, so I didn't put
one.  The JUNOS VRRP for v6 example doesn't include one, although then
the JUNOS documentation for virtual-link-local-address is oddly
confusing:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/high-availability/topics/ref/statement/virtual-link-local-address-edit-interfaces.html

   Configure a virtual link-local address for a Virtual Router
   Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) IPv6 group. You must explicitly define a
   virtual link-local address for each VRRP for IPv6 group. The virtual
   link-local address must be in the same subnet as the physical
   interface address.

   NOTE: You do not need to configure link-local addresses and virtual
   link-local addresses when configuring VRRP for IPv6. Junos OS
   automatically generates link-local addresses and virtual link-local
   addresses. However, if link local addresses and virtual link-local
   addresses are configured, Junos OS considers the configured
   addresses.

So the first paragraph says you must set it, while the second says you
don't have to.