After tshooting with JTAC yesterday, they've determined the built-in FPC to be a problem.  They are doing RMA.

Strange that when the 60-day trail license expired, I decided to reboot to see what would happen.  I rebooted "request system reboot both-routing-engines" and that's when the router never worked after that.  Strange that this would "fry" the FPC.  Maybe there was already something wrong with it... I don't know. Perhaps I'll try to reproduce it after the new chassis comes back.

-Aaron

I wonder if the "request vmhost reboot routing-engine both" would've done anything differently