On 10/26/23 16:10, Aaron Gould wrote:
After tshooting with JTAC yesterday, they've determined the built-in FPC to be a problem.  They are doing RMA.

Strange that when the 60-day trail license expired, I decided to reboot to see what would happen.  I rebooted "request system reboot both-routing-engines" and that's when the router never worked after that.  Strange that this would "fry" the FPC.  Maybe there was already something wrong with it... I don't know. Perhaps I'll try to reproduce it after the new chassis comes back.

-Aaron

I wonder if the "request vmhost reboot routing-engine both" would've done anything differently

According to the documentation, re1 is also seen as fpc0 if you put an LMIC in it. Would have been good to troubleshoot by putting an LMIC in the re1 slot to see if that works. But since re1 is fpc0/pic2, then it probably wouldn't work if JTAC are saying it's an FPC failure.

Mark.