Good Evening,

>>> For example. If you bought an MX480/MPC7 ago with -IR and -R ... the JUNOS
>>> 22 will ask you to install the hash of a license to >>>enforce the table's
>>> software (bgp, gre, etc). However, we still haven't figured out how to
>>> generate an old MX480 or MX204 license >>> for the new standard that
>>> JUNIPER is requiring in the JUNOS 22...

>>> I think they forgot about that... somehow... and it will need to be
>>> resolved.

Unless they EOL the entire lot and therefore the problem is gone. 😊. Computer
says no 😊.

Catalin Dominte

From: juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net> on behalf of Giuliano
C. Medalha via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Date: Wednesday, 10 January 2024 at 21:50
To: Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de>, Richard McGovern <rmcgov...@juniper.net>
Cc: juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Difference in "MX204" and "MX204-HW-BASE"?
Good evening guys, how are you ?

If I can contribute a little.

Looking from a timeline standpoint... the MX204 passed:

- MX204 with -IR and R licenses ( which were perpetual )

- MX204-P-BASE ( Which was the transition box from -IR and -R to Flex License )

- MX204-HW-BASE ( Advanced and Premium Flex Licenses with 3 years or Perpetual )

Now on the JUNOS 22, Juniper starts requesting that the licenses hashes be
installed in the box. However, from my point of view, the portal for generating
router licenses is not yet prepared to take an -IR or -R license and generate
it in the way that version 22 understands.

For example. If you bought an MX480/MPC7 ago with -IR and -R ... the JUNOS 22
will ask you to install the hash of a license to enforce the table's software
(bgp, gre, etc). However, we still haven't figured out how to generate an old
MX480 or MX204 license for the new standard that JUNIPER is requiring in the
JUNOS 22...

I think they forgot about that... somehow... and it will need to be resolved.

At.te

Giuliano