On 12.04.19 09:06, Keith Hutcheon wrote:
> I'm not meaning to be confrontional, just trying to understand.
> Network logging shows that K-9 Mail (F-droid version) is sending and
> receiving packets to/from 157.240.1.35:0 (whois:
> edge-star-mini-shv-01-lht6.facebook.com:0).  So why is K-9 Mail
> seemingly sharing data with Facebook?

K-9 Mail doesn't include any form of analytics. But an email containing
a tracking pixel <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacon> (any remote
image really) could explain the observed connection. If you configured
the app to "always show images" or clicked the "show pictures" button on
a message, K-9 Mail will try to load remote images referenced in the
email. This setting is disabled by default.

-cketti