Oleg:

        A quick correction from my last post:

>       I'm concerned about what changed between versions 0.72
> and 0.75 that resulted in this null pointer being run into all
> the time. In the version you sent last night, it's gotten to the
> point that two PC's running Kaboodle on the same LAN don't even
> find each other: they display different network topologies until
> one or both of them crash. Not pretty. I think you'd agree with
> me that this wasn't happening before the VNC work began.

        I now disagree with me. :) i went back to my earliest
code snapshot, and it still shows the problem: when I startup
Kaboodle on a WinNT machine, then start a second on a second
WinNT machine, they both crash. If the second machine or the
first is Win98, it works fine. So, it has nothing to do with
the edits you've been making.

        I'm hoping your team has time to craft a proposal for
wiping out this bug.

cheers,
Scott