Igor:
        Sounds good except for the "after PC restarts" idea.
That's fine for Microsoft, but not us. :)

        Since it's just a NID status setting, I don't think
a restart is required at all. If a VPN is active, the user
should get a message saying "The Master Node status will be
changed after your GetEngaged partner disconnects". If there
is no VPN active, the switch should happen immediately.

        Also, I wanted to confirm two things:

1. When Kaboodle starts up, it asks the LAN for a NID. If
   it doesn't get one, it builds one *and* it sets itself
   as the Master Node. Correct?

2. When I hit "Refresh" on a PC that's not the Master Node,
   it still pings all of the Class-C's that it knows about.
   Correct?

thanks,
Scott