Hello Scott.

A. About *ping*.
At Tuesday, October 01, 2002 4:45 AM you wrote:
> > > 1. When Kaboodle starts up, it asks the LAN for a NID. If
> > >      it doesn't get one, it builds one *and* it sets itself
> > >      as the Master Node. Correct?
> > When Kaboodle starts up, it asks the LAN for a NID
> > *only* if it's Master Node.
>
> Actually, Kaboodle should always ask the LAN for a NID
> when it starts up. It should not matter if it's the first time
> or the seventh time.
>
> > > 2. When I hit "Refresh" on a PC that's not the Master Node,
> > >     it still pings all of the Class-C's that it knows about.
> > >     Correct?
> > When I hit "Refresh" on a PC that's not the Master Node,
> > it didn't pings at all.
>
> It should. A non-Master Kaboodle should ping the LAN when
> the user hits "refresh".
I implemented things #1, #2 as your asked.
At Wednesday, September 25, 2002 9:36 AM you wrote:
> ...Only the master node pings...
Please let me know where is such places.
After implementation things #1, #2 I don't see such places.

B. About *restart*.
At Friday, September 27, 2002 8:11 PM you wrote:
> Sounds good except for the "after PC restarts" idea.
> Since it's just a NID status setting, I don't think
> a restart is required at all. If a VPN is active, the user
> should get a message saying "The Master Node status will be
> changed after your GetEngaged partner disconnects". If there
> is no VPN active, the switch should happen immediately.
These things are implemented.
Also I implemented following.
If PC is not a "Master Node",
then both buttons "Connect" and "Create New Partnership"
on the "Remote Networks" tab are grayed out and that tab has
the text
*This PC is not a*
*"Master Node",*
*so both buttons "Connect" and "Create*
*New Partnership" are*
*grayed out*
Please let me know what you think about that.

C. ZeBeDee bug.
I see a bug (both Win2000 and Win98):
- I try to make remote network connection.
- I didn't have ZeBeDee component on both Kaboodles.
- I push the button "Connect" in "Remote Networks" tab.
- I see the MessageBox
*Sorry... Kaboodle could not start Zebedee on your PC. This connection will
be in View-Only"...*
- After that I get "debug assertion failed"
- Kaboodle crash

- Igor

> > > Since it's just a NID status setting, I don't think
> > > a restart is required at all. If a VPN is active, the user
> > > should get a message saying "The Master Node status will be
> > > changed after your GetEngaged partner disconnects". If there
> > > is no VPN active, the switch should happen immediately.
> >
> > I'll implement above.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > > 1. When Kaboodle starts up, it asks the LAN for a NID. If
> > >    it doesn't get one, it builds one *and* it sets itself
> > >    as the Master Node. Correct?
> > When Kaboodle starts up, it asks the LAN for a NID
> > *only* if it's Master Node.
>
> Actually, Kaboodle should always ask the LAN for a NID
> when it starts up. It should not matter if it's the first time
> or the seventh time.
>
> > > 2. When I hit "Refresh" on a PC that's not the Master Node,
> > >    it still pings all of the Class-C's that it knows about.
> > >    Correct?
> > When I hit "Refresh" on a PC that's not the Master Node,
> > it didn't pings at all.
>
> It should. A non-Master Kaboodle should ping the LAN when
> the user hits "refresh".
>
> -Scott

> > servers.
> > part of