Igor:

> Hello Scott.
> A. About *ping*.
> The things you asked implemented:
> > The Kaboodle Master Node handles all of these types. The
> > non-Master nodes should do *only* #3, the Refresh button pings.

        Thanks!

> B. About *"Connect" button*.
> You asked:
> > Would it be possible that the "Connect" button still works,
> > but only Partnerships that are known the Master Node can be initiated?
> I don't see how that can be implemented.

        You could do it like this:

1. The partnerships listed in "Remote Networks" would be the same
   for every Kaboodle instance on the LAN: it would be NID sync'd
   data taken from the Kaboodle Master Node. It would *not* be taken
   from locally installed Partnership files except in the case of
   the Master Node.

2. If a user looks at the partnerships in "Remote Networks" using a
   non-Master node, it would read: "These are the Partnerships
   currently installed on "Dad's PC", the current Kaboodle Master".

3. Any Kaboodle instance on the LAN could initiate the VPN connection
   using intra-Kaboodle messaging. That is, a non-Master node would
   signal the Master-Node to initiate a VPN.

> Now the "Remote Networks" tab works as following.
> If Kaboodle isn't a "Master Node", then only button "Create New Partnership"
> is grayed out
> and the tab has the text
> *This PC is not a*
> *"Master Node",*
> *so the button*
> *"Create New Partnership"*
> *is grayed out*

        I don't think this is a good idea anymore. I want users to
be able to create Partnerships easily. Perhaps we should modify
GetEngaged.exe instead, to warn users when they install a Partnership
file into a non-Master Kaboodle instance.

-Scott