Another iteration.  I reworked my SingleTick timing class.  The new
implementation supports periodic checks for an early termination
signal.  Minor update to the TTL class to wire up the early
termination support on the timer.  Previous versions would continue to
run until the TTL timer had fully expired.  Now the embedded component
can return early and the timer will shutdown, allowing the pipeline or
scheduler to finish without waiting for the TTL timer to run its
course.

http://pastebin.com/m4b46410d

--Steve