On Mon, 06 May 2002 12:10:09 +1000,
Brendan J Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I'm using a Configuration Management System that is pointing to kernel
>2.4.18 source header files but an application can not find autoconf.h
>which is included by config.h.

That violates Linus's rule that application code must not include
kernel headers directly.  I agree with that rule, as do all the major
kernel developers.

The application code is wrong.  Applications must not rely on accessing
the "current" kernel headers.  Applications must not assume that the
booted kernel matches the headers the application was compiled with.
You must cope with version skew between kernel and user space.