On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:29, Dawid Trendota <dawid.trend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Dawid. I would like to propose an idea for GSoC 2011.
>
> Project title: Okular Tabs
>
> Brief explanation: Okular currently doesn't support viewing multiple pdf files
> simultaneously. The basic idea is to provide this option by MDI interface.
> User should be able to open several documents in tabs. Tabbed interface is
> very convenient when you have to work with several documents simultaneously.
> MDI interface will allow user to arrange created tabs: tile them vertically,
> horizontally or cascade - users will be able to compare documents easily.
> Possibility to search throughout all opened documents will be nice addition.
>
> Expected results: Okular with MDI interface ;).
>
> Motivation for project: Okular with MDI interface(or just with tabs) is
> expected by many KDE-users. This idea was discussed on forum.kde.org, kde-
> look.org, bugs.kde.org and Okular-devel and always it has many supporters.
> Tabbed okular is also my personal wish.

Hi Dawid,

thanks a lot for proposing your idea here.
Given the replies you got so far I fear this is not enough work for a
GSoC project. (It is supposed to be around 40h of work per week over
the course of the program.)
I'd encourage you to have a look at other ideas as well (either from
the ideas page, brainstorm in the kde forum or your own ideas).

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher