Hi all,

please try to keep emotions out of the thread - it won't help anyone.

I would like to offer a compromise: move the functionality of dragging window
content into the
window manager. As KWin does not know about the window content, the application
would
have to tell KWin what content is draggable, which implies an opt-in and it
would only affect the
kde-workspace.

But this would destroy the consistancy we currently have. Only applications
opting in (that is
compiled against the right version of kdelibs) would use it. Third party
applications would look
out of place, especially GTK application. While we could consider extending
EWMH and GTK+
implementing it, I doubt it will happen as the window manager specification
list is unfortunately
dead.

Furthermore I want to repeat that this won't fix the issues given that there
are other widget
styles implementing this, including the default Ubuntu GTK style (which should
also affect Qt
applications). If the common belief is that the style should not do something
like that, now is the
time to communicate this to Qt in order to fix it (or at least document it) in
5.0.

Cheers
Martin