On Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2014 23:19:00 CEST, Damian Ivanov wrote:
Usecase: Well in kwindowsystem.h you already have stuff like
minimizeWindow,unminize, raise,lower, so it would just be logical to
look for it there.

"Convenience access to certain properties and features of the window manager.

The class KWindowSystem provides information about the state of the window manager
and allows asking the window manager to change them using a more high-level
interface than the NETWinInfo/NETRootInfo lowlevel classes."

I guess it was left out since "closed" is not a state of the window - the
window's just gone.

@Martin
Since NETWinInfo and NETRootInfo only deal with NETWM, abstracting more
functions into KWindowSystem (thus shifting its meaning a bit) might be
necessary reg. Wayland (and as it seems that GNOME just completeley abandoned
the NETWM spec...)

Also in kwindowsystem I pass the window to minimize/lower/raise as
int. In netwm.* it doesn't take the int as argument for me.

NETRootInfo(QX11Info::display(), NET::CloseWindow).closeWindowRequest(wId);

"Window" in NETRootInfo is (on X11!) just an alias for "WId" which is NOT
integer (though effectively 32bit on X11, but that does not hold for all systems)

Maybe (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2013-March/msg07200.html)
is related?

No, but this:
" However with the icon property being unused anywhere else in GNOME3, applications
have started to not set any window icon at all."
pretty much explains it.

The window likely just sets no icon (but hopefully some gnome specific hint?)
at all.

-> Can you please post the output of "xprop" for the window?

Cheers,
Thomas