mk-li...@email.de wrote:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> On 18 Mar 2014, at 14:33 , Luigi Toscano <luigi.tosc...@tiscali.it> wrote:
>> I wonder why it happens only here and not in other applications; the crash
>> is
>> in a innocent call to KGlobal. Do you know about similar crashes/stacktraces
>> in other applications?
>
> I don’t know whether this stack trace is representative, but the only one to
> start from.
> As pointed out this meinproc4 error always occurred only sporadically and
> unpredictably... :-(

Ok: I've seen the other message, but then I would start from this and make
sure that the stacktrace is the correct one.

Could you (or any other Mac user/developer) please try to
- recompile kdelibs with debug symbols
- run meinproc4 on any document using the debugger, to get a complete backtrace

I guess that MacOSX uses lldb instead of gdb nowadays: I found this
http://lldb.llvm.org/tutorial.html
I shouldn't be too difficult, just run meinproc4 through the debugger with the
specified docbook (any docbook provided by KDE software) with lldb until it
crashes, and from its shell execute:
 (lldb) thread backtrace all

This is important to understand if the issue is really that one.

Ciao
--
Luigi