On 18 Mar 2014, at 23:15 , Luigi Toscano <luigi.tosc...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Ok: I've seen the other message, but then I would start from this and make
> sure that the stacktrace is the correct one.
Hmm…

> Could you (or any other Mac user/developer) please try to
> - recompile kdelibs with debug symbols
Right now I am not able to do so (and I knew you’d ask for it…), because I
haven’t set up a parallel install for debugging.
That’s something I long planned to do since I migrated slowly to my new
machine, but I haven’t achieved it YET.

> - run meinproc4 on any document using the debugger, to get a complete
> backtrace
Ha, I tell you, that will be impossible, I am afraid, because those crashes
come unpredictably...
:-(

> I guess that MacOSX uses lldb instead of gdb nowadays: I found this
> http://lldb.llvm.org/tutorial.html
> I shouldn't be too difficult, just run meinproc4 through the debugger with the
> specified docbook (any docbook provided by KDE software) with lldb until it
> crashes, and from its shell execute:
> (lldb) thread backtrace all
>
> This is important to understand if the issue is really that one.
Yep I know, but there is NO specific docbook, at least to my knowledge, which
would always crash it.
I wonder what Ian can add in here, since he is building docs all the time
recently…

I guess one would have to automate the procedure and let meinproc4 again and
again build one or several files. Perhaps that’s a possibility. But I don’t
know whether this could be automated with lldb… Needs some investigation, I
guess.

OK, I had hoped you had an idea to test this hypothesis with a minimal app, but
I see we might have to do brute force on meinproc4 itself.